Hysterical politcians: Jogger in London bumps into David Cameron, tackled by police and taken to jail

The jogger who was manhandled to the ground after running into David Cameron, the Prime Minister, has said he had "no idea" why police officers jumped on him.


Dean Farley, a 28-year-old hospital worker from Leeds, questioned the Prime Minister's security arrangements.





Protect the corrupt politicians at all costs, even from joggers.



He said he had been able to just "run between them" as he headed to a lunchtime appointment with his personal trainer at the gym.

"I had a quick look across the road and ran across the road and all I saw was a bunch of men in suits come out of the side of the Civic Hall," said Mr Farley.


"I could not see any uniformed police as I crossed the road and there was no cordon.


"It begs the question how good is security if I managed to run between them before they stopped me.


"I dodged in and out and around and the next thing I knew I have got half a dozen suited men haranguing me and manhandling me to the floor.


"The whole while I am asking what is going on and 'Who are you?'


"I had no idea who I had run into. I gathered I had run into someone quite important. I could not know it was David Cameron.


"I did not see David Cameron. I did not know it was David Cameron until they let me out of the police van an hour later."


Mr Farley, who was carrying a towel but no ID at the time, told BBC Look North it had been a "harrowing" experience.


"I'm quite shook up. I was almost in shock, like I'd been in an accident or something," he said.


He added: "I will look back eventually and see the funny side."


Mr Farley's mother Lisa said at her home in Leeds: "I've spoken to Dean. He's very upset by the whole situation.


"It's all a misunderstanding. He was just jogging to the gym."


Mr Farley was described by friends as a fitness fanatic, a devotee of superhero comic books and a former skateboarder.


Jatinder Dewgun, a friend of Mr Farley's, said: "He's a stand-up guy.


"I've seen the pictures of the police taking him to the floor. He goes out for a run and gets taken down like a terrorist."


Categories: